Search This Blog

Saturday 9 April 2011

Anyone up for a donkey ride?

We're the famous Arsenal and we're going to... Blackpool. The chances of a post tomorrow are quite small so I thought we may as well get the preview over and done with today. Obviously we've got a bit game tomorrow and every game between now and the end of the season is a big game as some players fight for a successful season and others fight for a future at the club. The Mail has more on that line, with rumours that Clichy, Arshavin and Bendtner amongst are all set for the chop. You can have a look at the article, but it's standard tabloid fare really, a wish list of leavers and signings. I would be sad to see the three I mentioned leave. It looks like there is a real possibility of Gael Clichy leaving, a shame as he's been around for a while. As he showed at West Brom, Andrei Arshavin is one of the few players who can turn a game by creating something out of nothing, not to mention the way he tracked back and slid into a tackle to win back possession vs. Blackburn. Effort. As for Nicky B, I know he never seems to live upto his potential (or his hype), but there's no doubt that he offers something different, a real prescence and goals unlike those offered by Chamakh and even sometimes Van Persie.

That paragraph was a bit of a trek. This one should be shorter though. The Metro reckon (because AW said it) that if Jack Wilshere is used this summer by England-U21s then he won't take place in pre-season, much like Cesc Fabregas and Robin Van Persie after the world cup. The earliest I've been told he would come back is for the Emirates Cup. Anyways, the boss has been saying things again, making up for the last week then. He's stood by his team, hitting out at 'superficial judgement' when we get criticised and Spuds get praised even though we're doing so much better than they are. He's also been defending the way the club go about doing things.

So as I said, I'll do a quick preview for tomorrow. As I said yesterday, we'll definitely have Manuel Almunia in goal while Bacary Sagna is set for a late fitness test after a knock on the knee. Those can be troublesome so I don't think he'll be risked. Which would give us a back four of Clichy-Squillaci-Koscielny-Eboue.
In midfield I reckon we'll see Diaby come in for Song (although it could easily be Denilson) while Wilshere and Fabregas will probably take up their usual roles. Out wide we'll see Nasri and either Arshavin or Walcott, depending on the results of Walcott's late fitness test while I see no reason for Robin Van Persie not to start up front.

So I've found a few videos for you as well, because I'm so generous. I've got pre-match interviews from Nicklas Bendtner and the boss, but I don't remember which is which so I don't know which link is which. Oh well, here's link number one and here's link number two. As promised yesterday, I even have the bosses pre-match press conference. A lot has been said about his comments, I won't dwell on them as I'm pretty sure you're all old enough to formulate your own opinions. Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment